Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Brandon Aragon

Illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay in the United States if they have a job.


Dear Congressman,
I am writing this letter to tell you about my point of view on immigration. I believe that immigrants should stay in the United States if they have a job. Many immigrants come to this country with hopes of changing their lives, and their future. a person should not be denied the right to stay in a country just because of their legal status because not everyone has the opportunity to apply for a Visa or apply for a green card. This country was founded by immigrants, telling someone to leave this country because it's not theirs is ignorant, Europeans came to this country illegally and took over the native american's country and made it theirs. Also if we look around, many of the big name companies hire immigrants to do work and they pay them less than they would pay an american citizen and many of the jobs are done well , getting rid of many immigrants would affect these jobs and the economy. There is people like my mother who have been here for 15 years and have payed taxes every single year, followed and respected the laws, & have learned the american language, yet because they are illegal they should lose the right to stay here? that's not fair, people who have done the same right things U.S citizens do should get the same rights as them. If immigration is so wrong, then why did Europeans come to North America and make it their land? How is coming to a country and trying to work and achieve your dream worse than coming to a different country from yours and killing everyone, then calling it yours?

2 comments:

  1. You make some really good points. I agree with you on them too. I like how you talked about how this country was founded by immigrants. That was great point because no one really thinks about it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you made some really good points that I also believe are true. I had never thought about how the country was founded by immigrants and that really made me open my eyes and really think about how that is so true! We are all immigrants!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.