Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Terrorism because of Unsecure Borders
Ben Gardner
There is going to be more terrorism in the United States because our borders are not secure.
Dear Keith Ellison,
I think that the statement above is completely wrong. It's completely wrong because people in our country could be terrorists just as much as an immigrant could. It's not just immigrants who are terrorists. United States citizens can be terrorists too. I also think that our borders are already secure. A major terrorist attack hasn't happened since September 11th 2001. That is thirteen years without a terrorists attack! Immigrants have been coming into the United States during those thirteen years too. That is a very very long time without an attack happening. So if you're going to make our borders even more secure then they already are, you're going to cut off a lot immigrants from coming here who are willing to work and do good things for the economy. I think our borders should stay the same as there are, because immigrants help boost the economy and our borders are secure enough the way there are now.
Sincerely.
Ben Gardner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ben I totally agree with you! The thing is it that if people are going to commit acts of terrorism they will get around the borders even if there is more secure borders. I think that it would be a huge waste of time and money to secure the borders more, especially if terrorists will still get past the borders
ReplyDeleteOur borders ARE secure, I really dont think terrorism is much of a problem in the U.S. It happens, yes. But not often.
ReplyDeleteOur leaders can be very paranoid, I agree with you 100%. Why would a terrorist want to come through our borders anyway? Besides, our borders are already guarded.
ReplyDelete