Role: Immigrant
Audience President
Format: Letter
Topic: Should it be made easier to get immigrants to the U.S. ?
Dear Mr. Obama,
I think that it should be made a little easier for immigrants to get to the U.S. Even if you don't make it easier, immigrants will still find ways to get to the U.S. For example, an immigrant like myself could just use a water body to get there illegally, or an immigrant could just get a tourist visa and stay longer than it should have lasted (which is six months). People will go to the extreme extent to get what they want. I know a friend that was able move to the U.S because he won a lottery, after he won this lottery it only took a year for everything to be finalized. Therefore, you should be able to get anybody to the U.S. if they are qualified, you guys are making the process longer than it has to is unnecessary and unfair ! What i'm trying to say is if its not made easier for immigrants to come to America, it could cause problems. Like wars, or more people coming illegally than trying to go to the U.S. legal.
Best regards, Bebe
Nice ideas Bebe! This summer I went to Spanish camp and all the counselors are from South or Central America. I heard so many stories about there struggles to come to the US even just to come to camp. Some of the counselors have tried to legally come to the Us and have been turned around at least 10 times for little reasons.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you. Immigrants will go to the extreme to get the the United States to get a better life. I don't think there is a way to keep Immigrants out of the U.S
ReplyDeleteThere are immigrants already risking their lives just to get here, why make it harder for them? Awesome letter.
ReplyDelete